Thank you for using the Fake Name Generator application programming interface (the "FNG API"). By using the FNG API, you agree to the terms below. If you disagree with any of these terms, Fake Name Generator does not grant you a license to use the FNG API. We reserve the right to update and change these terms from time to time without notice. You can always find the most recent version of these terms here https://www.fakenamegenerator.com/api-tos.php.
Your license to the FNG API under these terms continues until it is terminated by either party. You may terminate the license by discontinuing use of all or any of the FNG API. The Fake Name Generator may terminate the license at any time for any reason. Your rights to use the FNG API terminate automatically if (i) you violate any of these terms, (ii) Fake Name Generator publicly posts a written notice of termination on FakeNameGenerator.com, (iii) Fake Name Generator sends a written notice of termination to you, or (iv) Fake Name Generator disables access to the FNG API to you.
1. Licensed Uses and Restrictions.
The FNG API is owned by the Fake Name Generator and its parent company Corban Works, LLC (hereinafter "Fake Name Generator") and is licensed to you on a worldwide (except as limited below), non-exclusive, non-sublicenseable basis on the terms and conditions set forth herein. These terms define legal use of the FNG API, all updates, revisions, substitutions, and any copies of the FNG API made by or for you. All rights not expressly granted to you are reserved by Fake Name Generator.
a. You shall:
- Comply with the Fake Name Generator Terms of Service at https://www.fakenamegenerator.com/terms-of-service.php.
b. You shall not:
- Use FNG API for any application that replicates or attempts to replace the essential user experience of FakeNameGenerator.com.
- Attempt to cloak or conceal your identity or your application's identity when requesting authorization to use FNG API.
- Use an unreasonable amount of bandwidth.
- Use FNG API for any application that constitutes, promotes or is used in connection with spyware, adware, other malicious programs or code.
- Use FNG API in any manner or for any purpose that violates any law or regulation, any right of any person, including but not limited to intellectual property rights, rights of privacy, or rights of personality.
- Use FNG API in a manner that adversely impacts the stability of FakeNameGenerator.com servers or adversely impacts the behavior of other applications using the FNG API.
- Sell, lease, or sublicense FNG API or access thereto or derive revenues from the use or provision of FNG API, whether for direct commercial or monetary gain or otherwise, except as set forth below.
2. Commercial Use
a. Rules and Restrictions.
If the primary purpose of your application is to derive revenue, it is considered a commercial application. Fake Name Generator reserves the right to make these evaluations at the time that you apply for the license. Fake Name Generator may also monitor your site or application over time to ensure continued compliance with the appropriate type of API key.
If you're in doubt about whether your application is commercial, here are a few common examples of commercial use that may provide you some guidance:
- Users are charged a fee for your product or service which includes some sort of integration using the FNG API.
- You sell services to Fake Name Generator users and use the API to bring Fake Name Generator content into your service.
b. Application for a Commercial API Key.
If you want to apply for a commercial API key, go to the following form to see what information you need to provide: https://www.fakenamegenerator.com/api-key.php. You can't be too specific about your intended use of the Fake Name Generator Commercial API! Lack of specificity or supporting information could delay your application indefinitely. When in doubt, it's always better to include more detail about your application. Please note that in some cases we may grant your request for a commercial API key subject to your payment of fees, such as to help cover infrastructure costs.
- You shall place the following notice prominently on your application: "This product uses the Fake Name Generator API but is not endorsed or certified by the Fake Name Generator."
- You may not use the Fake Name Generator logo without specific written permission from the Fake Name Generator.
- Any use of the Fake Name Generator logo in your application shall be less prominent than the logo or mark that primarily describes the application and your use of the Fake Name Generator logo shall not imply any endorsement by Fake Name Generator.
4. Ownership and Relationship of Parties.
The FNG API may be protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, international treaties, and/or other proprietary rights and laws of the U.S. and other countries. Fake Name Generator's rights apply to the FNG API and all output and executables of the FNG API, excluding any software components developed by you which do not themselves incorporate the FNG API or any output or executables of the FNG API. You agree to abide by all applicable proprietary rights laws and other laws, as well as any additional copyright notices or restrictions contained in these terms. Fake Name Generator owns all rights, title, and interest in and to the FNG API. These terms grant you no right, title, or interest in any intellectual property owned or licensed by Fake Name Generator, including (but not limited to) the FNG API and Fake Name Generator trademarks.
Fake Name Generator may elect to provide you with support or modifications for the FNG API (collectively, "Support"), in its sole discretion, and may terminate such Support at any time without notice to you. Fake Name Generator may change, suspend, or discontinue any aspect of the FNG API at any time, including the availability of any FNG API. Fake Name Generator may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to parts or all of the FNG API or the Fake Name Generator Web site without notice or liability.
6. Fees and Payments.
Fake Name Generator is committed to free and open access to our APIs for commercial and non-commercial purposes. However, providing the API does have real costs for Fake Name Generator. For uses of FNG API over a certain rate or for certain types of commercial applications, Fake Name Generator reserves the right to charge fees for future use of or access to the FNG API.
7. Disclaimer of Any Warranty.
SOME OF THE FNG API MAY BE EXPERIMENTAL AND NOT TESTED IN ANY MANNER. FAKE NAME GENERATOR DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT ANY FNG API ARE FREE OF INACCURACIES, ERRORS, BUGS, OR INTERRUPTIONS, OR ARE RELIABLE, ACCURATE, COMPLETE, OR OTHERWISE VALID.
THE FNG API IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITH NO WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OF ANY KIND AND FAKE NAME GENERATOR EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AVAILABLILTIY, SECURITY, TITLE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
YOUR USE OF FNG API IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT RESULTS FROM THE USE OF ANY FNG API INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA.
8. Limitation of Liability.
FAKE NAME GENERATOR SHALL NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH USE OF THE FNG API, WHETHER BASED ON BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE), OR ANY OTHER PECUNIARY LOSS, WHETHER OR NOT FAKE NAME GENERATOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL FAKE NAME GENERATOR BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY AMOUNT.
9. Exclusions and Limitations.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OF SECTIONS 7 AND 8 MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
10. Release and Waiver.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you hereby release and waive all claims against Fake Name Generator, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, licensors, co-branders or other partners, and employees from any and all liability for claims, damages (actual and/or consequential), costs and expenses (including litigation costs and attorneys' fees) of every kind and nature, arising from or in any way related to your use of FNG API. If you are a California resident, you waive your rights under California Civil Code § 1542, which states, "A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor." You understand that any fact relating to any matter covered by this release may be found to be other than now believed to be true and you accept and assume the risk of such possible differences in fact. In addition, you expressly waive and relinquish any and all rights and benefits which you may have under any other state or federal statute or common law principle of similar effect, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
11. Hold Harmless and Indemnity.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to hold harmless and indemnify Fake Name Generator and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, licensors, co-branders or other partners, and employees from and against any third party claim arising from or in any way related to your use of FNG API, including any liability or expense arising from all claims, losses, damages (actual and/or consequential), suits, judgments, litigation costs and attorneys' fees, of every kind and nature. Fake Name Generator shall use good faith efforts to provide you with written notice of such claim, suit or action.
12. General Terms.